Eau no!

Staff at a Fort Worth, Texas call centre passed out after a colleague started squirting a strong scented perfume.

34 Bank of America staff were taken to hospital complaining of dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pains and headaches.  Apparently panic spread through the building, with workers fearing they were under chemical attack or the victims of a carbon monoxide leak.

However, the fire department found nothing dangerous and staff were allowed to return to their desks. They told the media that “psychosomatic behaviour” and “contagious fear” had fuelled the situation. Investigators have failed to identify the brand of perfume that sparked the alarm.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Eau no!”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




You can contact us at:

0800 FINSEC (0800 346 732)
union@finsec.org.nz
www.finsec.org.nz


Creative Commons License
Join Now 0800 FINSEC

RSS LabourStart – act now to help other workers

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

Finsec Photos

Archives


%d bloggers like this: